Former Executive Golf CourseThis webpage includes information related to the El Dorado Hills voters' and property owners' support and priorities for preservation and/or acquisition of the former Old Executive Golf Course.
To read more about the history and current proceedings of the Old Executive Golf Course, please see our article in the District's 2022 Special Edition Guide here.
Latest NewsJune 9, 2022 - El Dorado County Planning Commission Meeting
The El Dorado County Planning Commission met again for the continued public hearing. The Developer's Rezone Application and Development Agreement were voted down by a 5-0 vote. The Planning Commission has sent their suggestions to the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors for a final vote that is anticipated to happen late this summer. More information for this meeting can be found on the El Dorado County Website.
May 31, 2022 - El Dorado Hills CSD Special Board Meeting
The District's Board of Directors came together at a Special Meeting to edit and approve a [letter ] to the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors (with copy to the El Dorado County Planning Commission and El Dorado County Planning Department), demanding that they not approve the Developer's Rezone Application and Development Agreement. View the letter HERE.
A 1,000-unit housing development was proposed at the Old Executive Golf Course despite current zoning and years of feedback from our community. We held a meeting on Thursday, May 19th to provide the community with more information about the historic site, and to get community feedback on how the community would like to see the property utilized. We had posters with proposed options that the community could pick from (images below) and an opportunity for public comment. There we just over 100 people in attendance in person, and 76 attended the Zoom meeting online.
April 28, 2022 - El Dorado County Planning Commission Meeting
The El Dorado County Planning Commission met and opened a public hearing regarding the future of the Old Executive Golf Course Rezone Proposal. The Commissioners heard testimony from the Developer and County Staff. Many public comments were heard. Due to the timing of newly provided information from the developer and county staff, the Planning Commissioners motioned to continue the Public Hearing until June 09, 2022 to allow for more public comment and digestion of the newly provided documents. More information for this meeting can be found on the El Dorado County Website.
Community Feedback Survey
The results of our 2022 community survey and feedback received at the meeting were sent to the El Dorado County Planning Commission. There were several concepts available for consideration. Below each image is a link to be able to view the document in PDF format for better detail.
Low Impact - Open Space & Trails Concept (click here for larger image)
Medium Impact - Moderately Programmed Concept (click here for larger image)
High Impact - Highly Programmed Concept (click here for larger image)
Illustrative Golf Course Concept (click here for larger image)
Rezoned Residential Concept (click here for a larger image)
- Press Release, Old Exec Golf Course, October 2021
- Old Executive Golf Course/Central EDH Housing Project - County Request for Development Agreement Terms, October 2021
- Concept Designs for Executive Golf Course Property, October 2021
Environmental Impact Reports
Development Agreement Update
- CEDHSP Draft Development Agreement - CSD Board Letter to County
- Update on Development Agreement
- Government Code 65867.5 - Development Agreements
- Government Code 65009 - Planning & Zoning General Provisions
- Elections Code 9141 - Referendum
- Old Executive Golf Course/Central EDH Housing Project - County Request for Development Agreement Terms
- Concept Designs for Executive Golf Course Property October, 2021
- Executive Golf Course Open Letter to the Community, November, 2020 accompanying YouTube Video
- EDHCSD Board of Directors Special Meeting, January 27, 2020
- Letter and Resolution to El Dorado County Board of Supervisors Concerning Measure E Vote Results
- Measure "E" full text
- The facts about measure E
- Argument against Measure E
- Measure E results: 91.04% NO, 8.96% YES
- CEDAC El Dorado Hills Community Survey
- EDH CSD Revenue Feasibility Survey Results
- Appraisal of Former Executive Golf Course