Type: Village Park
Year Opened: 2023
Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
Address: 1881 Blackstone Pkwy., El Dorado Hills
Amenities and Highlights
- Separate 2–5 and 5–12 year old playgrounds - including swings and a zip-line!
- Covered picnic shelter with picnic tables and group barbecue.
- Concrete seating walls and benches.
- Large grass area for picnics, play, and informal recreation.
- A half mile meandering cement walking/biking/running path with 4 fitness stations and interpretive signage.
- Connections to HOA Trail System and the sidewalk to Valley View Sports Park.
- Preserved Wetlands and Open Space.
- Restrooms, drinking fountain, and bottle filler.
- Bike rack and doggie bag stations.
- Decorative art in playground – includes oversize frogs and wall art.
- Local animal and plant concrete imprints.
- Lighted parking lot.
Blackstone Park is uniquely special because the 13.6-acre park includes wetlands and open space. The park’s design highlights the local habitats, plants, and animals. Specifically, the half mile walking/biking/running path has eight interpretive signs of local animals and plants. In the playground area, there are also concrete imprints of rabbit, deer, coyote, opossum, oak and sycamore leaves. Plant and animal art is also featured on the concrete seating walls, the retaining walls, and the playground areas. Be on the lookout for the oversized frog art upon entering the park!
For fitness enthusiasts, the trail and playground include fitness stations. The park’s trail includes connections to the larger HOA Trail System, as well as the sidewalk leading to Valley View Sports Park. Don’t forget to take in the wonderful views from the higher elevations in the park.
If you witness vandalism at this park please contact the Sheriff’s Department at (530) 621-5655, and the District at (916) 614-3231.