Updated as of 10/24/23
Founded in 1975 and renamed in 1997 in memory of then 18 year-old Stephen Harris, this park is the District’s 3rd oldest park. The park encompasses 5.93 acres and is nestled in the St. Andrews Village along Tam O’Shanter Drive.
Click each link below:
Current Project Status
The park was approved as a Capital Improvement Project (CIP) for renovation by the EDH CSD’s Board on June 9, 2022, and the contract was awarded for professional services, including construction drawings on September 8, 2022. On August 10, 2023 the court layout was approved by the Board. The CSD expects to release an RFP for Construction in Winter 2024.
The project includes the court renovation to a surface that requires less maintenance and repairs, new pickle ball courts, a new full basketball court, tennis courts, courtside amenities (paddle racks, bleacher seating, fence cabanas, benches), and drought tolerant landscaping and irrigation. The drought tolerant landscaping will replace non-programmable turf with native vegetation and a high-efficiency irrigation system to reduce wasteful runoff and improve water use and efficiency at the park. The landscaping design and drawings were completed by Stantec and paid for by the El Dorado Water Agency (EDWA), and the construction costs for a portion of the landscaping will be paid with a $75,000 matching WaterSMART grant awarded to the District by the Bureau of Reclamation.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Pickleball Audio Study - Over 40 local players turned out to help with the pickleball noise study on September 5, 2023
Park Renovation Amenities
Park Renovation Amenities Include:
• 2 Tennis Courts - one over-striped for pickleball
• NEW 6 Pickleball Courts
• NEW Full Basketball Court
• Drought Tolerant Landscaping (Portion paid with Federal WaterSMART Grant)
Park's Existing Amenities are:
• Natural Turf Field
• 1/4 mile walking/jogging path around the tennis courts that crosses Tam O’Shanter Drive to the East, followed by Silva Valley Parkway and extends on to the Serrano Trail System
• Children's Play Structure
• Picnic Tables, Barbecue Pits, Drinking Fountain
• 2 Parking Lots (Tam O'Shanter Drive and Riviera Circle) - 57 total parking spaces (3 ADA)
Current Project Status
• 100% Construction Drawings/Bid Set and Permitting (in progress)
• Consent Agreement for Construction with PG&E
• CSD Releases an RFP for Construction
• CSD Awards Construction Contract
• Groundbreaking and construction begins
• Grand Opening of Renovation and New Amenities!
September 5-6, 2023
Pickleball noise study
August 10, 2023
Finalized Court Layout/Design by CSD Board
July 18, 2023
Parks and Planning Committee reviews Court Layout and recommended staff to update design for Board meeting.
June 13, 2023
Community Outreach on New Concept Designs
Review design options at May 16, 2023 Parks and Planning Committee with recommendation for community outreach and design updates.
February - April 2023
35% Construction Drawings and Permitting
Irrigation surveys and site-check
Geotechnical survey complete
Kick-off meeting and site walk
September 8, 2022
Board awards professional services contract for construction drawings
June 9, 2022
Board creates Capital Improvement Project for Stephen Harris Renovation