Cityhood - AKA: INCORPORATION
Public Opinion Survey Results Summary
During the April 13, 2023, Regular Board of Directors Meeting, the El Dorado Hills Community Services District Board of Directors received a presentation of the survey results from Godbe Research. During the meeting, the Board of Directors motioned to direct the General Manager to move forward with soliciting proposals for a Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis (CFA) and other related costs. The recording of the meeting can be found on the Board of Directors meeting WEBPAGE or accessed through this LINK. The Staff report and attachments are also included here for convenience.
Staff Report: Public Opinion Survey Results Summary - Incorporation
Memorandum: 2023 Community Priorities Tracking Survey – Summary of the Results
Community Survey Underway
March 03, 2023
The El Dorado Hills Community Services District has commissioned GRA and McGuire Research, independent research firms, to conduct community-wide research on important topics in the El Dorado Hills Community Services District. Respondents may be contacted by email, text, or telephone. You do not need to sign up or register to partake.
It is important to know that your individual responses are entirely confidential and will be used for research purposes only. Your individual data is not, and will not, be sold or provided to anyone. You will not be approached for any other reason - we are only interested in your opinion(s).
Your response is greatly appreciated!
Message from the General Manager, October 2021
El Dorado Hills has entertained cityhood several times, and this has again become a matter of interest of the community and of the Community Services District (CSD). Most recently, the CSD Board of Directors received and reviewed the preliminary comprehensive fiscal analysis for incorporation (cityhood) for El Dorado Hills. The Board Meeting may be viewed here and the accompanying relevant documents, including a Press Release, may be found here. During the discussion about the fiscal analysis and potential next steps there was a range of anticipated costs provided. On the low-end, $200,000 would be needed for a seamless incorporation effort, while $800,000 is anticipated for such an effort that includes various analytical studies, community education efforts, the costs for a vote of the public, and legal expenses. In summary, the destiny of the community of El Dorado Hills in becoming a city in its own right will be incumbent upon its residents, the business community, and the good faith efforts of local government agencies.
- March 06, 2023 - Firms starting community-wide survey.
- October 14, 2021 - Preliminary Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis (PCFA) and Press Release approved by EDHCSD BOD
- August 18, 2021 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc)
- July 26, 2021 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc)
- February 11, 2021 - Award of Professional Services to Berkson Associates
- January 14, 2021 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc)
- December 16, 2020 - RFPs received
- November 25, 2020 - Request For Proposals (RFP) for Preliminary Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis issued
- November 19, 2020 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc)
- October 29, 2020 - Meeting with Linda Budge (Rancho Cordova) & Jan Bruins (Citrus Heights) - TOPIC: EDH Incorporation Analysis Discussion – The Path to Cityhood for Those Two Communities
- October 20, 2020 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc)
- October 12, 2020 - Incorporation Community Stakeholders
- September 29, 2020 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc)
- September 23, 2020 - Update and Discussion with EDH Chamber (Debbie Manning)
- August 20, 2020 - Incorporation Meeting with Community Representatives
- August 6, 2020 - Incorporation Executive Working Group Meeting (EDHCSD Incorporation Ad Hoc) – 1st Meeting
- February 11, 2020 - El Dorado County LAFCO meeting with Incorporation Ad Hoc – Incorporation Process and Expectations Meeting
- New! Community Survey Press Release, March 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), October 2021
- Preliminary Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis (PCFA), October 2021
- Press Release, October 2021
- Staff Report, October 2021
Last updated March 03, 2023